8.8.10

the upsides and downsides to actually being involved

last week, i sat down in a meeting with my four co-teachers to discuss what they wanted from me for the future--what sorts of lessons they want, what they want the kids to learn, how they'd like it taught, what sort of expectations they have for different classes, etc. one of the teachers had made an outline of what they thought would be good things for me to teach: reading/listening passages and general knowledge trivia games, mostly.

it was awesome. i've wanted a meeting like this since october. i have NO IDEA what i'm doing here, in this whole "teaching" business. i've been mostly relying on my wit and good looks to teach the kids english, and it's only been half working. so to have this outline of things to teach, to be on the same page as all of my coteachers, to now be doing something that i KNOW they want me to do is thrilling.

but this now means that i'm staring at a list of 20+ vocabulary words and trying to make 5-10 of them into an interesting dialogue. come on, brain. let's work together on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment