20.9.10

saying goodbye sucks

i have 5/5 for the last time tomorrow. my classes are like my children and i know i'm not supposed to pick favorites but...

5/5 is hands down my favorite. when i taught them last semester, i never had a co-teacher. they respected me and listened to me and treated me like i had something to say anyway, without being forced to. they've been really open and honest with me, and in return, i've been so with them. i've had some of my favorite conversations in the past year with these kids. they make me feel like i'm good at this not because i'm a foreigner, but because i'm nicki arnold.

oh god, that was easily one of the cheesiest things i've ever said. excuse me for being bizarrely emotional this week. it's a weird time in life.

post-class edit: i cried.

No comments:

Post a Comment