23.9.10

this week

i'm thrilled to get to laos to have five days by myself in nature, rolling through coffee-bean-filled plateaus, seeing gorgeous waterfalls, peeping on some rare fresh water dolphins, reading "the sorrow of war," waking up early in the morning and just strolling around.

i'm way more upset than i expected to be to leave these kids. the unexpected gifts, the sincere sentiments from them, the personal song, the "when will you come back?"s are too much for little me.

i can't wait to get to hanoi. after that quiet nature time i'm gonna be pumped up to get in an INSANE city. shopping shopping shopping. (btw, shopping alone is one of my favorite hobbies.)

i can't believe i'll (probably) never see these kids again, and absolutely never again as a whole class...unless i come back feb 2012 to see them graduate. :)


explaining to my students why i'm leaving thailand has been difficult.

student: "ohh teacha, i miss you!" (side note: verb tenses are hard.)
me: "i'm gonna miss you too! i love you all. thailand's a beautiful place."
student: "when you come back to thailand?"
me: "umm...i dunno...not for a long time."
student: "aww! what do you do in america?"
me: "i don't have a job."

so you love us...you love thailand...you have a job here...why are you leaving again?

(note: because i miss my family and friends desperately. fear not, i'll see you all soon <3)

No comments:

Post a Comment