9.2.10

mlia

average things i've gotten so used to in my life that i didn't realize i should blog about them:
  • my hard-as-a-rock bed
  • one or two geckos in my room at all times, making their distinct gecko noises
  • stray ants wandering on my bed, my computer, my desk at school, etc.
  • constant bug bites (though i have to give a shout out to maddy here, who deals with more bug bites than anyone i know...brave girl)
  • cold showers (it might be a hot country, but my apartment has air conditioning so i'm actually cool most of the time, and i'd really like just one steaming hot shower.)
  • a terribly slow internet connection that kicks me off/stops working at random
  • locking myself out of my apartment (though everyone who's ever lived with me knows i do this fairly often. also, it seems that when you make a complete fool of yourself, thai people like you better, so the front desk ladies and i are getting along better and better with the passing of time.)
  • shouting in the classroom
  • being shocked at a dead quiet classroom
  • teaching 40+ students at a time
  • eating at one of the same three restaurants almost every night of the week (i have no stove, oven, or even toaster oven, though the last is subject to change).
  • asking the question, "where do you want to go for break?" and legitimately getting the answer, "i dunno...we could go to malaysia or vietnam or another island..." (i'm sorry, this was a really annoying bullet, but i felt like all of my other ones were really complainy, so i thought i'd toss in this uppity one just to spice things up.)
  • taking minivans everywhere
  • missing family/friends/america
  • the gloriousness of the fresh food market in town
  • song taus, suphan's closest semblance of a public transportation system (though someday soon, i'll get to a full post on this)
things i have not gotten used to in my life and will merit a full, ranty blog post later:
  • THE DISGUSTING, NOISY PIGEONS OUTSIDE ON MY PORCH

No comments:

Post a Comment