4.5.10

how many times have you gone pee pee?

hospital, day three. well, sort of day three...i didn't check in until like 5 pm on sunday, so that doesn't really count as a full day...whatever. 

i'm feeling really good right now, but i also took four pills to help my body about an hour and a half ago, so that might have something to do with it.

they took the iv out of me this morning cuz the doctor says i can eat and drink well enough on my own. actually, my ability to hydrate myself has proven a bit shocking to everyone here. my fever was pretty bad one day and the nurse was like "drink more water and your fever will go down." and i was like "MAN anything to get rid of this crap!" 

brb, medicine time.

oooh, when they flush out the iv with saline its weird. i guess i still get some form of iv medicine cuz the nurse just hooked it up. this whole iv business is real bizarre and i dunno if i can ever eat at iv drip anymore.

anyway, so i've been drinking a lot of fluids, and the nurses keep asking how many bottles i've had. my favorite nurse, trey, asked me last night how many times i'd gone "pee pee." like a thousand, friend. my main activities right now are sleeping, drinking water/juice, peeing, and dreading the next time i have to eat. i have almost zero appetite usually, but i need sodium and everything in your body works better when you have food, so i have to force it down. but they bring me this gross looking food from the hotel and i can't stomach it. actually, the food's prob not so bad to a person without dengue fever, but i can't do strongly flavored food right now. bleh. i want american food. 

the angle my wrist is at is bad for the iv, so i better go. more updates soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment